plaid

Monday, December 17, 2012

11 months

 

Mason, William

Eleven months eleven months!!!  I have waited my whole life for my children and the past eleven months have showed me exactly why.  I loved them before I had them.  I knew they would make me happy.  But I never knew I was capable of feeling SO MUCH.  And William and Mason have surpassed my wildest expectations of children.  Happy eleven month birthday, baby boys!



William Justin Pinecone Maderia,  You:

-have a gorgeous smile and a hearty laugh
-have a serious fascination with your own feet
-can pull yourself to standing and scoot around the floor very very well  (you are really starting to freak me out with this actually)
-are very easy going and relaxed most of the time and you LOVE to play
-posses a gift of feeling the emotions of others.  If your brother is laughing, you are laughing.  If Mommy is upset, you know it and you are upset.  You are a very compassionate and caring soul.
-make me happy every time you touch me.  You are just so sweet.




 Mason James Porcupine Maderia,  You:

-spend the entire day babbling and talking.  I love your adorable sly smile you give when you get an idea in your head- you're so smart
-are very very difficult to put a diaper on these days
-need to be cuddled to fall asleep.  In fact, you prefer everything in our arms
-have rhythm.  You are always bouncing and dancing
-want what you want when you want it how you want it and only the way you want it.  You are such a strong willed guy 
-literally melt my heart when you cuddle with me and kiss me.  You are so cute.

Here is a video-
William's first official crawl from last night!  I was so proud I cried.  He's so wonderful.


And Mason needed some special attention so Dad had to put on the bjorn during our day of family baking.  (We made thousands of cookies) .  I took a video but it can't do the beautiful sound of his laughs justice.  He really loved being so close and helping Dad cook. I adore him.


And here are my favorite guys just taking a break from baking:
(Pinecone on the floor with Dad, Porcupine in his jumper)
 
  Cute story I want to remember from last night:  Usually Aaron and I get to put the boys to bed together.  Some nights he has to work late and although we are just fine, I know the boys prefer us both here for the routine.  Tonight I fed Mason first which was a mistake because he needs a little more coaxing than William but I thought he was showing sleepy signs earlier so I went for it so that I wouldn't have to end up taking care of the boys at the same time.  (Works fine during the day now but I like nights to be smooth and tear free and a hungry baby doesn't appreciate Mommy only having two hands).  Anyway, once Mason was in his crib, I started on William but had to stop because Mason started crying the second I put him down and I knew I rushed.  So I got MasonMan and brought him out to the couch, propped him on a pillow next to me and continued with WillBill.  Mason was happy just to sit near us but then he got the idea to start messing with William's helmet.  I smiled inside because lately William has been using Mason as a step stool to climb on and Mason doesn't love it at all.  William just kept on eating so Mason decided to pull himself up to ear level and let out the most monsterous burp in his brother's ear and then crack up like it was the funniest thing that ever happened to him.  William, being an easy going dude laughed back and we all spent awhile playing on the couch instead of getting ready for bed.  They warm my heart.
 
It's been a great 11 months.  :) 
 
Love,
Jessica
 
Oh and here they are: the first pair of jammies I made my boys!  Sewing is harder than I thought it would be, but my mom is helping me and I'm going to keep trying. 

William in white, Mason in blue






 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I LOVE your voice and excitement in the video, priceless! And, I LOVE those babies, I can't believe they are almost one :)

    ReplyDelete