So when I was pregnant, people warned us of how hard it would be...
Then encouraging words like, "It will get easier" came...
And then we were told to beware terrible twos, potty training, etc...
But then we thought maybe when they are walking and talking it would be easier again...
Or is that harder?
I admit that the first few months were difficult on me. If we ever have more children, I wonder if it would be as challenging. Dynamic certainly changed when they began to sleep through the night and not vomit 20 times a day and I know life became more predictable when routines were established. But I don't know if it has gotten easier or harder and I don't know how it will be in the future.
Today I took the boys to the mall after their nap. It reminded me of the first time I took them out by myself: they were a couple of months old and once I got them in the car, I panicked and called my sister. She was out to dinner with a friend but offered to leave and meet me at Target to help and I almost took her up on it! After that, they have come everywhere with me. In fact, when I go grocery shopping or do something alone, I actually feel a little lost. Today at the mall was not the same as when they were a couple of months old though- I may not have had to change their diaper five times or stopped to feed them, but I had two little men who wanted to play and run- not look at bras with Mommy. They were well behaved and smiling but the trip was kept very short because I could tell they were going to lose their patience soon. I'm seriously considering those backpack leash things that I once thought were cruel and weird...
Anyway, who knows if parenting can be defined as difficult or easy. It's probably both but they are not the first things that come to mind when I think of my sons or the fact that Aaron and I are parents or when I reflect on how much life has changed since William and Mason entered our lives. Sometimes, yes, I think I'm going to lose it...and I know my patience hasn't even truly begun to be tested. But I'm happy. I love our little family.
I don't know how they did this but somehow Mason managed to push William in a complete circle around the kitchen while sitting in his rocker. They crack me up.
Love,
Jessica
Anyway, who knows if parenting can be defined as difficult or easy. It's probably both but they are not the first things that come to mind when I think of my sons or the fact that Aaron and I are parents or when I reflect on how much life has changed since William and Mason entered our lives. Sometimes, yes, I think I'm going to lose it...and I know my patience hasn't even truly begun to be tested. But I'm happy. I love our little family.
I don't know how they did this but somehow Mason managed to push William in a complete circle around the kitchen while sitting in his rocker. They crack me up.
Love,
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment