Because of Aaron's work schedule, we had to have the boys' party a few weeks late but it ended up being an amazing day!
It was really fun planning a rainbow themed party. We played around with a few ideas of things that the boys enjoy like Dr.Seuss or animals but we ultimately decided on rainbow because of how much the boys enjoy the bright colors of one of their favorite books, a rainbow book of colors. AND I became obsessed with rainbow after seeing rainbow jello on Pinterest.
 |
| Ironically, these took forever to make and were not the highlight of the menu but I HAD to do it |
The night before the party, Aaron and I stayed up all night decorating and hanging streamers so it would be ready for a 10:30am breakfast party. Aaron laughed when the boys woke up the morning of and immediately ripped down the streamers and tore off the tablecloth and banners but I got pretty stressed out. Aaron had to remind me that the attendees would only be our closest friends and family and most importantly it was a party for the boys and they feed off our energy so much. I think they had a lot of fun and not only did I love having our friends over, I also loved all the happy children playing together in our home.
 |
| I thought this was adorable |
 |
| I love the memory of this moment: William digging into a new gift, Mason wearing his new boots proudly while dumping out a bag of previously opened gifts, my dad laughing at something, and the boys' friends helping them break in their new toys. (I know I look like a weirdo, but I was excited about the boys' new books!) |
At about this time, it was getting a little chaotic so we took a break from the birthday gifts and handed out thank you goodie bags for the boys' friends.
 |
| Gift bags contained a drawing pad with crayons, a bouncy light up ball, bubbles, and crazy straws. I had wanted to add rainbow cookies but I ran out of time and it got cut from my list. |
Directions to our front door:
Pretty extras:
Rainbow cupcakes:
Rainbow drinks:
Rainbow fruit platter:
Cheesy potato casserole served with bacon and bagels with cream cheese:
 |
| I made two casseroles- one was good |
Rainbow balloons:
 |
| I really think Aaron wants another baby- he swept up baby Tatum and they spent a lot of time together looking at stuff... |
 |
| Baby Levi looked so cute walking around with a huge bouquet of balloons. |
When it was time to sing the birthday song, Mason took a seat with Daddy and William sat with Grandpa. Mason got a pink cake with a pink candle and William chose a yellow cake with an orange candle. (Their faves). As 25 people began to sing to the birthday boys,
one noticed one of the boys knock their cupcake with a burning candle onto the cardboard so everyone sort of stopped singing in the middle of the song as my friend, DeAnna, ran forward and saved us from a massive fire. We all resumed singing like nothing potentially dangerous had occurred and clapped for the boys. Mason decided he REALLY liked the applause so we gave them both a few extra rounds of clapping, led by Mason. It was so cute.
 |
| I usually like to post equal pictures of each baby, but this one was so cute of William feeding Grandpa |
Our handmade photo wall:
 |
| PROUD PARENTS |
 |
| Grammy and Mason |
 |
| DeAnna, Matt and William |
 |
| Grandpa and G-ma |
 |
| A sister and an Auntie |
 |
| The Smiths |
 |
| Linds, Sean, Lincoln and Averly |
 |
| Amanda and Jonah |
 |
| Allie with Tatum |
 |
| A mom and her daughters |
 |
| A very tender bond: As Jonah was getting his plate of food, Mason wandered into the kitchen and tugged at his jeans. Jonah looked down at him and Mason raised his arms up. He then spent quite some time in Jonah's arms. It was so sweet to see my shy and picky boy decide to make a new friend. (They have met before but Mason isn't one to go to someone unless he is REALLY comfortable with them so this was a nice surprise to witness). |
 |
| This lasted ALMOST the whole party before getting ripped. :) |
When the last guest had left and after my mom and sister cleaned up a little for me, the boys passed out and then Aaron and I took a long nap also. (I was more tired than the boys I think!) We had a wonderful after party- eating more cupcakes and playing with our new stuff. It was such a fun day and so nice to celebrate what a wonderful two years it has been.
 |
| William had a little bit of a tough time sharing the jeep but he really tried. He just really likes it. :) |
 |
| Mason in his nap time underwears and a tool belt- he was helping Daddy take down decor |
We missed our Ohio family but it was a fun rainbow party celebration. Happy 2nd bday, William and Mason!
Love,
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment