plaid

Friday, July 4, 2014

We moved

Most importantly, Aaron has completed the Internship program and has landed himself an incredible job.  So even though the move was insanely stressful, we are celebrating the reason why we are doing it!  
The boys have been great.  We have been so busy packing and unpacking that we felt guilty about the quality of their days, but they have had really good attitudes and now LOVE running around the new house.  Plus, Aaron is on vacation for a couple of weeks so of course they are loving so much time with him.
Here are a few pics as we said goodbye to our Lynnwood home:
W
W on the tricycle, M rolling around on the floor
M, celebratory doughnuts with Dad
M
The move didn't go exactly smoothly but everything seems to be getting on track now.  I feel a lot of relief.  We are packing a lot into Aaron's vacation so we haven't done as much unpacking as I had hoped for, but I know it will happen.  
The boys slept very peacefully after a long day of moving and exploring their new home.  They love the garage and the shower doors and especially the yard.  They woke up their first morning here and went straight to the back door to play.  I'm so happy for them.
W
M
There are some other changes happening with this move too-- I think we've said goodbye to binkies at nighttime and we are working on limiting time in backwards jammies.  Don't get me wrong, I like hanging out in my PJ's all day but something doesn't feel right about dressing my kids in scrubbies all the time.  (The day we moved was the hottest day I've felt in a long time and the poor boys were so hot and sweaty.  Being in only a diaper was preferable to jammies and since the boys were too distracted with the new place, they didn't worry about ripping their diapers off to pee everywhere!)  Speaking of peeing, William really like to go peepee in the potty.  (Sorry for the baby talk; it's just how we talk now).  I really need to find where the toddler toilet seat is packed so we don't lose the enthusiasm.  He will get it, bring it to us, we will frantically rip off his clothes and sit him down and he will sit there until he pees!  Then he and his brother wave goodbye to the peepee and dance!  Mason has had success too but so far William seems more intrigued by it.  
And the biggest change:  I think the boys are talking a bit!  I know they have a long way to go and it's time to reevaluate speech therapy but I've noticed more attempts at words.  Aaron pointed out to me that what I was assuming was their form of twin speech are actual words, just not fully enunciated.  For example, we often hear "whaza" accompanied by frantic pointing at something and now we realize they are asking, "What's that?"  Mason still uses A LOT of hand gestures to get his point across and I realize they still have their own ways to communicate but we are taking steps towards talking.  :)

I think it's going to be a great summer.

Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment