plaid

Friday, December 5, 2014

Their phases

I think all kids must go through phases.  I pray this phase lasts though: the boys are so affectionate and loving!  They always have been happiest when cuddling or being loved on but they have been dishing out the hugs and kisses A LOT lately.  I absolutely love to see them wrap their arms around Aaron's neck for no reason.  And although I tend to like to focus on a task, I will stop anything when they have that look in their eye like they might give me a smooch.

They both still dance whenever they hear music, they still love bath time, and they are both still hungry all the time.  They also still are naughty little boys who won't keep their clothes on and have even now found a way to help each other escape clothing.  (The whole backwards pajama thing isn't even working anymore...)  We just started a new phase of rolling around on the floor (Mason) or banging our head on the wall (William) when we get mad though, so I wouldn't mind if this phase passes quickly.

But they sure are growing.  Aaron and I always admire how big and strong they look but they really are growing up.  This week we got them a big boy bed to share.  (A full size one).  When we turned their cribs into day beds a few months ago, it was pretty much a disaster so we ended up pushing their day beds against the wall so they would stay in bed and sleep.  We knew it was time to try again so we added the big bed to their room and they are so excited about it.  They look adorable and have slept really well at night.  Nap time is another story- I honestly have no idea if they will ever nap again now.  And they have been trying so hard to talk.  Every day this week, they have said another word so I know speech therapy is helping.  It is so exciting and we are so proud of them.
When Aaron asked the boys what they wanted for a snack, William pointed to the popcorn.  So they got some fresh popcorn and even picked out their own bowls.
MasonMan
We got our Christmas tree and it is a beast.  We decided we were going to cut our own tree each year but it seemed too cold and I was a little impatient to get the tree immediately so this year we just bought a fresh cut one at a market.  I know Aaron must love me if he can put up with how long it takes me to decide which one I want.  The boys and he had to stop looking and go inside to shop while I browsed, but I found the perfect tree.  We haven't decorated it yet, but it makes me so excited for the boys to enjoy their third Christmas.
M
W
W
M
W, M 2012
M,W 2013
W,M 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment