plaid

Monday, November 12, 2012

My vision


                                                                         William
 
                                                                          Mason
                                                       
When we decided I would stay home instead of returning to work, I had this vision of being a perfect homemaker.  I daydreamed about Aaron coming home to a sparkling house, a delicious dinner on the table, the smell of baked goods filling the house, and me: in high heels and lipstick.  And hair done.  And skinny.

Reality check: this so hasn't happened yet.  I've just found that spending wonderful quality time with the boys can easily fill a day.  I'm very lucky that Aaron thinks I'm pretty with no makeup and will eat whatever I can throw together and call a meal.  I still hope that one day (soonish please)  I figure out how to make my vision come alive.  Right now, I feel content though and seeing my playful and beautiful babies is so deeply satisfying.  I've realized that at the end of the day, our family is all that matters.  Things are going really smoothly too.  The boys now eat at scheduled "times" which makes it a lot easier to plan a day.  (6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 930pm)  I remember the days when I felt like all I did was feed them and change them.  Now we play and nap and eat pretty consistently each day and the boys love the structure.  (And I LOVE/NEED it).  Everything is just...perfect.   My heart swells with joy.



Also... I'm really excited about my newest hobby. I keep trying to pick up new things like making cake pops and extreme couponing- but this one I'm particularly excited about: SEWING! I had the idea that I'd really like to have a tradition of making the boys pajamas each year for Christmas and when I told my mom, she bought me my very own sewing machine and has begun to teach me to use it. I'm currently working on making them their first pair of Holiday jammies. :)

Love,
Jessica

 
 
                                                            M                                      W

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! Your reality is better than any perfect vision. Your boys are so adorable bf. love you

    ReplyDelete