This weekend we had one on one time with the boys for pretty much the first time. Overall, I think I took up more issue with it than they did! The boys loved it and it didn't throw them off schedule or give them separation anxiety the way I thought it would. Aaron took Mason hiking and I had William at home with me. We played, ate, read, napped, played outside a little and ran some errands- pretty much a normal day but he seemed happy. Next time we'll have to switch babies so Dad can show William a good time. :) I like it when we are all together but I still wasn't feeling well enough to carry an amazon baby in a backpack and I suppose one on one time is good. Aaron had the weekend off and the boys loved it. He was walking around carrying both guys and when he leaned over to hand me one, they both locked into his neck and wouldn't budge. Aaron apologized like it would hurt my feelings but it absolutely doesn't. I think it's sweet and super special that the boys have such a bond with their dad even though they spend more time with me. From the beginning Aaron has had a special way with them. I swear still that it took Mason awhile to decide to trust me. When he was just a newborn he would stiffen up every time I picked him up like he wasn't sure if I'd drop him but he never did that with Aaron. William never did anything like that but it was pretty obvious early on that he recognized his father's touch and liked it. Now of course I know my sons well and they love their mommy but I love to see that they adore their daddy so much.
I know WillBill's day doesn't look as fun- hahaha but I swear he liked it!
Love,
Jessica


No comments:
Post a Comment