 |
| Mason kissing on Dad |
 |
| William helping to clean up the counters |
We have decided not to pursue speech therapy for the boys. We may change our minds in awhile but we are just going to give them some more time and we feel confident that they will come around in their own time. The speech therapists came to our house to talk with us about William and Mason's communication levels as well as to test and evaluate the boys. The final results: they're fine. Normal. Healthy. (And pretty much really awesome). I have to say that I wasn't really worried that anything was WRONG with them but I was scared that they were behind developmentally or something as a result MY doings, not their own abilities. I have really been questioning if it's my fault that they aren't talking yet... I realize now that whether this is because they are twins and use twin speech or because they stay at home with Mommy and have never been in daycare, it just doesn't matter WHY they don't talk. It is obvious the boys are smart and have their own way of communicating. So far, it's not speaking but that will come. Some kids are just delayed in talking and it's okay. We do plan to take them to the doctor soon to test hearing and check out some other possible issues, like their tonsils and adenoids and I am going to buy a couple reference books about helping kids learn speech but for now we don't really think they need any kind of therapy.
 |
| M is so patient and supportive |
 |
| W took many breaks to laugh and say, "mmmmm" |
They have been so funny lately. Ornery might be a better word but I think they are being hilarious. It has taken great effort to turn around so they don't see me laughing after I scold or redirect them. The poor Christmas tree is really taking a beating over here. They love ramming their chairs into it, pulling off the ornaments and de-stringing the lights. I have some decorations set up throughout the house and they love to move them to new places. And the coffee table got pushed to the TV and as I was cooking it got a little quiet so I went in the living room and saw this:
 |
W, M
Note: I did NOT turn on the DVD- I am positive Mason did it |
The only thing I'm not loving is the struggle of getting them in their car seats... sometimes it's not pretty but at least it's over relatively quick. They are generally so happy. I can't begin to explain how happy they are. I am in love with all their giggles and smiles.
Love,
Jessica
 |
| W,M |
No comments:
Post a Comment