plaid

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

For this child I prayed

"For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him"
1 Samuel 1:27
23 weeks pregnant with Baby #3! 

This baby has already brought a balance to our family and we can't wait to meet her.  We had talked since the boys' birth three years ago, of adding to our family but we were waiting for the right time and waiting until we knew for sure that it was the right thing to do.  We decided this summer and five minutes later, God blessed us with another pregnancy.  I really cannot believe how fast it happened.

I don't know what took us so long to officially announce that we were pregnant, but don't let that fool you.  We are over the moon.  I wish I had a video of Aaron's reaction when he opened a gift wrapped box with a positive pregnancy result in it-- he was so genuinely happy.  And for some lovely reason, I swear I developed a belly the day after I became pregnant, and Mason noticed immediately.  He loved lifting my shirt and slapping my belly.  When I ask him where the baby is, he snuggles my tummy.  William walks around the house with a package containing the first thing we bought her, a pair of shoes.  I don't know exactly what he's thinking, but he is very protective of the shoes and won't let us touch them.  (They come to the dinner table, he holds them while watching T.V. and he they are the first thing he grabs when he wakes up).  We have explained to them that their baby sister is growing in my tummy and they will be brothers- I am not sure if they fully understand yet- but they will be amazing, I know it.

And I am in complete wonder.  I still almost can't believe there will be another baby in our home.  OUR sweet little baby.  I am so excited and nervous but overall, just very happy.  She completes us.  Mason and William have brought us more joy than I could ever have imagined but I think we were always waiting for her.

8 weeks
11 weeks
17 weeks
23 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment