plaid

Monday, February 23, 2015

This one is a little random

We had another one on one day with the guys, this time William with me and Mason with Dad.  William and I met Grammy for lunch and shopping and then played in a play gym.  William is getting braver and less shy with other kids and really enjoyed himself.  Mason went on a hike with Dad and then we all met up for dinner.  He obviously had a fantastic time because he has been absolutely obsessed with his dad ever since.  Being together is always best, but these one on one days are really special and the boys really like them.
(He fell asleep)
Mt Si
We are starting (slowly) to prepare for Baby Girl.  We unfortunately did not save a lot that we could use now and we kept a lot that we don't need from the boys' newborn days so we have a lot to do.  (We have moved three times with the boys- one place was tiny and one didn't have a garage so storage was an issue, especially when we weren't sure if we were going to have another baby).  We have purchased a lot of adorable clothing because it was impossible not to and we will happily reuse blankets and similar items from the boys for her.  (I don't think she'll care if her swaddle blanket is green and I bet she will look pretty in green anyway).  We need to get rid of some toys that we don't need to keep to make room for the baby essentials that we are going to need to buy.  Somehow each day that I try to get organized, a bigger mess is made.  But we are working on it.  :)

I am totally struggling with our new laptop and learning how to work it.  I have some adorable pictures from the last two weeks that somehow are lost in the new laptop's brain and I don't know if I will ever find them.  :(  I don't have new ones of William because of this, so these are from a little over two years ago, just for fun:
 I think he was 11 months here
Cuddling with Addi
 We had such a wonderful day together at the Northwest Trek.  We have been there as a family before, but this time was especially fun.  The boys loved seeing all of their favorite animals from their forest books in person.  They really liked the wolverine, cougar, black and grizzly bears, and every single bison, elk, and goat we saw on the tram ride.  But they REALLY loved the tram ride.  Like a lot.  Mason held my hand almost the whole way which I really loved, and William was so stoked to be on a 'train' that he had a huge cheesy smile that didn't leave his face for the whole ride.  I'm really proud of them.  Mason communicated exactly what he needed-- he was a little stressed by the crowds and he wanted to go on a solo walk with his dad.  William wanted to stay in the cabin that had had a cool kids room with glass walls and even though it was packed, he played in there and saw wolves up close and personal through the glass.  They both got just what they wanted and it made us very happy.
(Insert lost pictures here... just imagine big smiles with cool animals in the background).

Life is good here.  The weather is wonderful and we have been playing outside a lot so the boys are happy.  :)  They aren't becoming picky eaters necessarily but they are becoming snackers and have been refusing to eat dinner.  They wake up at the crack of dawn starving.  I find it impossible not to let them snack before bed knowing they will be uncomfortable and hungry but I think they are playing me because they know they'll get a granola bar instead of chicken and potatoes and vegetables.  I'm trying not to give in, I really am, but I am a complete sucker for them.  I dare anyone to resist their pleading eyes when they are asking for some food!
They no longer drink warm milk, they love trains, and their favorite movie is The Polar Express.  They LOVE to play in the garage and they STILL undress themselves any chance they get.

Sweet things.  :)
W, M
taking selfies

No comments:

Post a Comment