 |
| W,M |
Happy FOUR year birthday to my amazing twins!
William Justin and Mason James have rocked my world every single day for the past four years. I have never been able to picture them any older than this so this is crazy for me. They are growing up so much and so quickly! They are just so special and
I am absolutely nuts about them.
 |
| Mason helping me bake. |
 |
| William helping too, while Sissy hung out. |
 |
| The cookies we were baking were supposed to be a treat for their class, but they didn't turn out well, so I made cupcakes. |
 |
| The boys waiting for their treat while the class sang to them. |
 |
| Sweet Mason |
 |
| Silly William |
Some things about them right now:
They are really into riding their bikes around the house and pretending to crash. (Seriously, sometimes it takes a miracle for me to make dinner on time but if they are zooming around me crashing, all I have to do is scream and say, "Oh no, you crashed!" several dozen times and the boys will be content to let me cook for as long as it takes.)
 |
| W,M |
They both seem to enjoy blowing their noses on my shirt. If they chew on something they no longer wish to swallow, they will place it in my hand. And if they feel sick, they come to me to vomit on my lap. (Happened last weekend at a restaurant.) I have reached FULL on Mom Status.
Their trains are still their number one favorite toys. William sleeps with Thomas every single night. Sometimes if he misplaces him during the day, he will roam around the house calling, "Thomas? Thomaaaaaasss???" until we find it. He is a very fun and playful guy and has a really great attitude. He enjoys trying new things and has a very happy and contagious laugh.
They are very good big brothers. They are gentle and thoughtful and always bringing Ginny gifts. Mason is particularly affectionate and loving towards her. He has a huge heart and a very kind disposition. He is going to grow up to be a very nice person.
 |
| M,W |
A year ago they would have eaten anything we put on a plate for them. They now have a list of a few things we KNOW they will eat like peanut butter, rice, hamburger, oatmeal, banana smoothies, cereal, and any form of cracker like snack. They can shock and awe while eating pizza or Chinese food. We continue to try to push their arsenal of foods but they would be fine eating gold fish crackers and sausage links for all of their days.
They are (pretty much) potty trained! They only wear a diaper at bed time now and really like wearing their big boy underwear. We have had a lot of accidents and there will probably be a lot more in our future, but they have been wearing underwear to school since November and there's only been one mistake.
They are insanely affectionate.
 |
| W,M |
 |
| W,M |
 |
| W,M |
Anyone who knows us knows that the boys' speech is an issue, one that worries us completely sick. But they talk a lot. (Obviously not the same way most other four year olds talk, but when they use words, they use them appropriately.) They will most likely be in therapy for a long time to help them get caught up, but they are not completely non verbal. Some of their speech is not enunciated fully and some is difficult to understand. But they are using some words to communicate and continue to improve. I can't wait for them to start asking questions and having conversations with me. Every time they talk, we are so unbelievably excited and proud of them.
They have pretty hair. Hair that I had to promise Aaron I would never try to cut on my own again. We had to take them to a children's boutique to correct my scissor skills, so they are now owners of big boy haircuts. :)
Many times today, I found myself with eyes full of tears simply because I love them so much and I still can't believe they're mine. (I fear I'm only going to get sappier in the years to come.)
Cheers to two awesome dudes!
 |
| Mason's tactic was to rip through every gift as fast as he could. William preferred to open one and play with it immediately. He didn't take his Wild Kratts Creature Power Vest off the entire day! |
 |
| May-Jay |
No comments:
Post a Comment