Some things about the lovely Genevieve:
- She loves eating and likes squash the very most. She nurses every few hours during the day and a few times at night. We are trying to wean her back off the night nursing....but I won't lie: denying her milk when I know she wants it is hard for me and I cave quickly. I know she doesn't need it at this point but I'm hopeless against her charm. She wakes up and wants something that only I can give her and I'm too much of a sucker for her to say no.
- She is still a Momma's girl but has recently really taken to her Daddy. They bonded over a restless night where I had to throw in the towel and cover my head with a pillow while Aaron walked around with her. She discovered how goofy he is and she is really liking it. :)
- Can sit up on her own and is moving herself from tummy time position up to her hands and knees so it looks like we are going to have a crawler soon!
- Has two bottom teeth still cutting through.
- Absolutely, hands down, 100% refuses a bottle. We keep trying and she keeps shutting us down. I love breastfeeding her but it would be great if Papa could give her a bottle every once in awhile. Plus, we have a freezer with about 1200 ounces of homemade goodness saved for her that I'm worried will go to waste if she doesn't start drinking soon!
- What I am finding truly miraculous is that she has had less leaky diapers than I can count on my fingers and spits up really infrequently. I am not kidding, we had to change the boys' clothes and diapers like 10 times a night and they (especially Mason) spit up gallons almost every time they ate. Ginny can wear one outfit all day and can usually go all night without a change. I'm not sure if she just urinates daintily or if the cloth diapers have something to do with it, but she has not been a messy baby. The other day while holding her, she peed through her clothes and got my shirt wet and Aaron and I marveled because it was the FIRST time that ever happened with her.
- I am finally kicking myself slightly for spoiling her so much. She is a good little girl and I feel very bonded to her. But my goodness, she has her mind made up about a few things: she must nap on my lap, she must be on my hip when awake, and she must hold my hand through the night. (Yes, I know I'm part of the problem here. But, listen, she's my baby and big picture: I am happy to make her happy. I did the same things with the boys and I can tell you one thing for sure: I don't wish that I held or kissed them less.) :)
| W, M Seven months |
| M,W |

No comments:
Post a Comment