plaid

Friday, March 11, 2016

9 months


Getting her to sit still with my Lambie is getting much more difficult!
Happy nine month birthday!
Ginny loves puff cereal and will eat it any time.  She is extremely mobile and loves to crawl around the house exploring.  (Sometimes she finds treasures like the bowl of oatmeal her brother hid under the table.  She enjoyed it very much.)  Over the past week, she has begun to pull herself up on furniture to a standing position- UM WHAT IS HAPPENING?  Is it just me, or did she literally grow up overnight?  She may be changing and growing but she still loves to hold hands and she is still very easy going.  She will go anywhere with me and people always comment on how relaxed and content she is.  She keeps getting prettier and prettier too.
Sleeping beauty
She wants to be a part of everything her brothers do!
We are past the point of every other day baths.  She isn't a dainty eater.  :)  She gets in the tub before her brothers and then they all bathe together for a few minutes.  When Ginny gets out, the boys take over but they wait patiently for their turn.
Last week, I made my peace with bottle feeding and said my good byes to breastfeeding.  I nursed her this morning for the last time and although it was a little emotional, I am doing okay.  I admit that I wasn't entirely prepared for it and would have liked to keep going for a few more months.  It was a big shock to discover I stopped producing milk.  :(  I have found though, that I still feel just as bonded to her giving her a bottle.  I think I have enough breast milk stored to last her until she's a year old which is comforting, but also I'd be okay if she needed formula.  Whatever she needs.  It is crazy but in the two weeks that she's taken a bottle, I swear she's gotten back some of the chub she lost and has a new energy.  She also sleeps a little better at night.  I wish I knew sooner that she she wasn't getting enough milk from me.  :(
I know I'm a horrible person- maybe it was sleep deprivation- but after Gin screamed at me all night, I found this slightly hysterical to see while I laid in bed, wishing I had gotten more than three hours of sleep.  (You can't tell from this picture but she is not pleased and was desperate to be picked up.)  Aaron is moving her into her own room tomorrow.
W, M at 9 months
I hope one day she will know how special she is to me.  I hope she knows I always had time to hold her and that I have stuck up for her from day one.  I hope she knows I wanted her for as long as I can remember and she is just as amazing as I imagined.  I hope her beauty shines from the inside out and that she will be truly happy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment