plaid

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Florida Pics

Ginny at 15 months, looking like she's 6 years old (with a bink)
M
W
The boys got new haircuts for vacation-- so cute!!!
Last year, we joined our Ohio family  for vacation in Destin Florida. It felt so different this year knowing that the kids would be playing with their cousins within a couple days from vacation end, rather than a year later.  That was probably my favorite part of the trip- watching my kids have fun and be happy with their cousins. It does my heart a lot of good to see it and it's so rejuvenating.   They all shared a room together and honestly, I was afraid it wouldn't work out.  But I think all the kids liked it a lot.  They watched movies and goofed around in there when we weren't swimming or eating.
W
M
Don't let these pictures fool you, they were not sweet and quiet the whole drive!  This was about five minutes of quiet for a 14 hour drive, haha.
We road tripped it over there, splitting the drive into a couple of days.  We caravanned with Aaron's parents and after the drive there, we learned a valuable lesson: it is time for a bigger car.  Don't get me wrong, the kids actually did a great job, but the temptation of messing with each other was just too high in such close proximity.  On the drive home, Miss Ginny rode with Grandma and PapPap and that was much more bearable.  (For me.  If I had to turn around and give Ginny her binkie back after the boys took it out of her mouth and threw it ONE MORE TIME, I was going to lose it.)
Continental breakfast at the hotel- Ginny was very excited for her first waffle.  :)
This year, the surf was a little rough so we explored the city a little. We went to The Gulfarium and even on a dolphin cruise.  We relaxed and ate and Aaron and I even snuck in an afternoon of Rum and Cokes.  (A serious rare event in our home.  Almost nonexistent really.)  We tried to take family pictures on the beach but my kids are the ones who run away or roll on the ground as soon as everyone else says, 'cheese.'  One day maybe.  :)
Ginny showing off her spaghetti face
On the dolphin cruise.
Annabelle, Uncle Aaron, Will, Mason at the Gulfarium
William, Ginny and me in town.  It was sweltering.
Playing (pretend falling) on the beach
M in light grey, W in blue
I think my baby has the prettiest eyes!
Having a beer with Pap
W
While everyone played in the sand, Ginny and I sat in the shade and took selfies.  :)
M
W
Sweet Mason at Dinosaur World.  We stopped in Kentucky (I think) on the way home.
W
Aaron and I got to walk on the beach where he proposed to me last summer.  We got to watch our kids play with their cousins and we spent quality time with extended family.  We had a nice vacation.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment