plaid

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Christmas 2016

Christmas was so fun this year.  Aaron and I didn't put out any gifts until everyone was in bed Christmas Eve because the boys were really into Santa this year and we wanted to keep it magical for them.  They were so excited and ran downstairs and ripped open any gift they could find.  The real winners, bless their sweet little hearts were boxes of cereal.  Getting a special box of cereal was a tradition my mom started for us when we were younger and we always looked forward to it.  (And still do!)  The boys ate almost nothing but cereal for the few days following Christmas.  :)

Mommy had a little too much vino Christmas night, but the day was wonderful. We are really lucky.  The boys go to a great school that taught them Christmas carols and helped build their enthusiasm for the holidays.  They in turn shared this enthusiasm with Ginny without even knowing it.  We have a house full of food and the promise that it will always be replenished.  We had a beautiful Christmas tree surrounded by gifts for our kids.  And we have family and love and support.  I'm so thankful.
Beautiful Ginny on Christmas Eve
W
Ginny went straight for her new bike :)
Christmas morning
I'm going to miss her Santa dress!  She's so darling in it.
The day after Christmas. 
More pictures from after Christmas until now:
A week after Christmas-- I told the boys to smile so I could send a picture to Auntie on her bday.

Mason ate an entire pizza, minus a few toppings.
Pretty Ginny
...
My faithful little girl, always happy to sit at my feet while I get ready, as long as she has her own makeup to play with.
The first morning back at school, I love how happy and confident Mason looks!
William was really excited for school.  :)
Ginny's stuff.  I find her little piles everywhere. 
Talking to me as she rather impatiently waited for dinner.  (Appeased only with small chunks of zucchini while she waited.)
William and The Little One
"stuck"
W
Mason and Dad putting a serious hurting on dinner.  Mason ate almost an entire porterhouse after this.
W,M at their five year checkup.  They did a really good job.  I cannot believe they will be FIVE next week. 
I was having a really tough day because the boys gave me a really hard time when I dropped them off at school after their Dr. appointment.  I  am a huge softie for them and they know it.  :(
Ginny woke up from her nap, sat right in my lap all was right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment