plaid

Friday, January 27, 2017

They're FIVE

M,W
Five.
Five years old.
I bet every parent goes through some disbelief as another year passes and reminisces about what it was like having a newborn. I bet there are even some weirdos like me who watch them sleep the night before their birthday thinking about how PROUD you feel of these people who are already growing up into fine human beings.  This year I thanked God for their health, their growth, and their happiness. 

Their first year, I held them for 90% of their existence.  Their second year, the boys lovingly paid me back for a year of the worlds worst sleep by resting beautifully at night, napping hard in the day, and filling the house with laughter in between.  Their third year, they experienced the terrible twos a year too late and had an addiction to running around naked.  Last year, they turned into true little boys who found a love for swimming, eating popcorn, and running around bare foot.  Of course their love for anything to do with trains, camping, and the zoo hasn't faded in the slightest. 

I really love how close they are to each other and how good they are to their sister.  My heart absolutely gushes when Aaron teaches them to wrestle and play hide-n-go-seek in the dark.  They have such a love for him.  My favorite thing about them is that they are so loving.   And I am so unbelievably proud of them for how well they've adjusted to our big move.  They are doing really well in their new school and becoming so much more confident in themselves.

William is goofy and likes to make you laugh. He would survive off of chips and cereal if we let him.  And he never sleeps without his two Chuggington trains.  Mason is incredibly nice and has a really sweet, sensitive spirit.  He enjoys dancing and loves this Encyclopedia of animals book more than any toy he has.

I am just as obsessed with them now as I was when they used to lay next to each other, swaddled up tight, sucking on a binkie.
W,M
Aaron worked very late the night before the boys' birthday.  He came home at 5am with balloons and an idea.  We taped saran wrap around their door and filled it with balloons so when they got up and opened their door, their room filled with balloons.  They LOVED it.  GaGa and PapPap came over for dinner and brought ice cream cake.  We had their birthday party with cousins on the weekend after, and it was a blast.  Popcorn, pizza, and cupcakes per their request.  It was nice outside so we all even got to run around outside.  They were happy and liked the attention.

M,W
Mason got the last candle to blow out and I  don't think I will ever forget how proudly he smiled!

Happy fifth birthday, my handsome boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment