 |
| (She insisted on putting on a pair of her brothers swim trunks. And no, she isn't allowed to have her binkie during the day but sometimes she gets ahold of it and I let her have a few minutes before I confiscate it.) |
The boys started swim lessons! This was such an exciting birthday present from their grandparents. They were SO excited. And I think they did a really great job of listening to the instructor, even though they wanted to jump in and play so badly. We spent A LOT of time in the pool last summer, and they seem to have a healthy fear of the water, meaning they have never jumped off of the deep end thinking they could swim on their own. They LOVE putting their face underwater and can get around really well with their swim noodles but it's time they learn to how to do it the right and safe way.
 |
| I asked them to stand against the wall so I could take a picture and they actually did! |
 |
| William. I think he looks absolutely precious here. |
 |
| Mason stubbed his toe or something and I love that he accepted comfort from the teacher instead of quitting and coming to me. It is just more proof that they have grown so much in the past few months. |
 |
| Mason at the second class. He was so excited and proud of himself, he couldn't help but turn around and wave to me every couple of minutes. |
The weather has been so funny- in the twenties one day and in the seventies the next. We have been taking advantage of the sunny days with bike rides and even a trip to the zoo. That cheesy smile on Mason's face never left as we walked around. He loves the zoo so much and would go any day of the week.
I have been meaning to write about deeper, more meaningful things like the boys' speech development or the fact that my 21 month old daughter is potty training. Or maybe even about the fact that we are beginning to talk about my returning to work and we are currently actively house hunting. A lot has been going on but I have been sort of caught up lately just enjoying life. We all seem to be in a good place and I'm just kind of savoring it. The boys are really into playing 'bear hunt' and although I get bored a little quicker than they do, I am trying my best to indulge them for as long as they want to play. (Pretty much we creep into their room, pretend to see a bear, and run like the wind into my bedroom where we hide under the covers for a moment before repeating.) I will try to record the meat and potatoes of everything else soon so that I can look back and reflect on this time, but right now I can just sum it up with things are going well. We are choosing to put the worries that can paralyze us on the backburner and focus on the good. There is just so much good.
 |
| Ginny snacking. (Taquitos and cherry tomatoes, her fave) |
 |
| William |
 |
| I know, I know. The boys look pretty much exactly like Aaron did as a kid. And they look nothing like my brother. But I swear I see Justin in William sometimes- maybe in mannerisms or expressions more than looks, but I was chatting with William when I took the above picture of him and I thought of my bro. |
 |
| Gin and her Pap |
 |
| After dropping the boys off at school, Gin and I headed to the library. I love the flexibility of being able to do this with her. We just sat on the floor and read about animals for a long time. |
 |
| I have been finding it difficult to do my yoga because the kids are getting pretty good and always stealing my mat! |
 |
| Can you spot William? We were invited to a dance recital at the boys' school- I will never get tired of going to these. It was just really cool to see them look so happy and confident as they danced around with their classes. |
 |
W,M,G
Their sitter sent us this while we were out house hunting. We were away for what felt like a really long time and although it was a productive and necessary time, it was still kind of hard to be away. We wanted them with us but I think this time is good for them and I must admit, it was a lot easier to do without the kiddos. |
 |
| Mason's mission was to throw this ball over the fence where the older neighbor boys were playing. |
No comments:
Post a Comment