plaid

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Picture catch up again

When I get this far behind, I think it best to just dump some pictures and captions here.  I always intend to use this blog as more of a journaling approach to recording our families memories, but sometimes a picture is all you really need. 
Grocery shopping with my girl
Easter with the cousins.  My favorite part of the day was hands down during the egg hunt.  Mason noticed the neighbor's play house, dropped his bucket, went running for it and yelled, "HOUSE!" in the sweetest, most excited voice.  What made it even more special was the fact that he really didn't seem to mind that he only had a couple of eggs.  Perhaps he knew his brother would, out of habit, split his in half with him. Or maybe he's just still at that innocent age where he really doesn't notice that all the other kids had way more candy.  Either way, he's so sweet. 
Sweet Ginny in her little dress and sandals.  She made it to church with Mason and Aaron, but William and I could not pull ourselves together in time.
Mason pushing his brother and sister in the swing.  We have been spending a lot of time in the yard swinging, playing t-ball, and playing in the dirt.  I think it's going to be a really fun summer.
Gin prefers her brother's underpants.  She has been diaper free during the day for about two months now!  I don't think it's typical to potty train so early so I give her brothers a round of applause.  She wants to be just like them and I think that inspired her to try.  We have had a couple of crazy accidents, like peeing ALL OVER Pap during a visit and even getting yelled at by an old grumpy man after destroying the shopping cart at the grocery store, but all in all, she's a rockstar.
William and his sweet smile
I was so proud of Mason in this moment: he noticed the neighbor kids playing outside so he ran upstairs and got dressed as quickly as he could.  (He knows he's not allowed outside without clothes and of course, he was in his underpants only.)  He ran outside, got a ball, and tried to join in.  Unfortunately, the kids were older so it wasn't really a successful play time, but I'm so glad he tried. 
Mason expresses glee and excitement through affection- he was obviously very excited for a trip to his favorite place, the zoo.  I also love how William is pointing at the dinosaur on his shirt and how he never leaves the house without a truck or car.  We have been reading a lot of stories from a fairy tale book and he LOVES Three Billy Goats Gruff and Three Little Pigs.  He will sit with his book, reading it aloud and it's so animated and funny. 
Gin enjoyed hitching a ride with Dad, but keeping her contained in the backpack didn't last long.
Obligatory zoo train picture
William fake sleeping and snoring, this kid cracks me up.
We took a road trip to visit Uncle Justin and Uncle Matthew and rented a big SUV to drive there.  The kids were pretty stoked about the ride.
M
W
Uncle Matthew's niece and nephew hanging with the Maderia children.  I wish we lived closer because they are such sweet kids and get along well with mine.  They are friends and it's so cute.  Isaac and Sydney even called the boys their brothers.  :)
M,W on a kayaking trip with Mom and Dad!  We dropped Little G off with Gaga and Pap, which she loved, and took the boys on a special boating trip. They love one on one time.  Right after this moment, Mason even caught a crawdad!  It was huge and pinched him before we could take a picture but it was so cool. 
G is a little firecracker and can keep up with the boys easily.  But she really likes her special bonding time with me after we drop them off for school.  But she LOVES when she gets time with Mom AND Dad.  We went on a little walk and took pictures in some stranger's yard.  Cute, wild little thing!
AAAH!  I can't believe the school year is almost done!  I love this picture they took of William at school. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment