My babies are five weeks old and they are so loved! Yesterday we went to the Pediatrician and the doctor had to laugh at the difference in my composure- I was a nervous wreck at their two week appointment. Yesterday I was estatic with their progress and relieved to see they really are doing well. They have both gained 11 ounces since birth and they look amazing. William is so handsome. In the womb we worried he was the small one, but now we see how well he is growing- he's getting so big and cuddly. He loves to snuggle and only cries when something is wrong. Mason is just so cute. His bright eyes are always alert and looking around and he has such a sweet spirit. He's smaller than his brother but his strength makes it hard to worry about it. They both still love to be close to each other. I'm honored that they seem to really recognize their parents. :) These guys are just so cool.
At my check up, I was ordered to get more rest. I found myself thinking that this might be possible with one baby. But that thought doesn't sit well with me because I can't bear thinking of being with just one of THESE babies. It's a lot of hard work but I'm really loving every minute of it and I love them both so much. I admit that at times I am dead on my feet but my drive to care for my sons is so quickly energizing. Last weekend Aaron locked me in the bedroom for six hours and had "man time" in the living room. I protested but finally gave in. (Not that I really had much of a choice). Of course Aaron was fine and the boys took a bottle just fine too- and getting more than an hour and a half of sleep in one sitting was pretty nice... but I still had anxiety over not taking care of them myself. I'm looking forward to going out on a date with Aaron soon so this was good practice for when it's time to be away from them.
Just a few more weeks of Maternity Leave left... HOW do Momma's leave their babies?
Love,
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment