William Justin Maderia and Mason James Maderia joined us on Tuesday January 17, 2012 at 12:13pm. Aaron and I came home with them on the 21st and have been filling our days and nights with kisses and cuddles.
The boys adore their Daddy and I fall more in love with him everyday. We came to the hospital on the 17th to discuss natural child birth vs c-section. I had carried them to 37 weeks and couldn't safely hold them much longer. Chosing to react off instinct, Aaron and I opted for the c-section. Thank God we did because upon delivery it was determined that the boys would not have tolerated labor. It all happened so fast- one moment I was receiving my Spinal and within a few short minutes, my boys were delivered. The fetal monitor showed that William's heart rate dropped way too low due to the cord wrapped tightly around his neck and they had to get him out very very quickly. So quickly in fact that Aaron was not yet in the OR when William was delivered. Then Mason must have been put into distress because he was delivered seconds later. Meanwhile, I was behind a tarp and had no idea what's going on- there really wasn't a lot of time to process it. It breaks my heart to know Aaron had to enter a room alone and see his sons receiving CPR while I lay a bloody open mess on a table. He remained calm and took care of his family and we're all fine now. =)
It was a bit of a scary start but these boys have already proven how strong they are. It didn't take long at all and they got to join us in the recovery room for skin to skin cuddling. To be safe, Aaron and the boys spent a few hours in the NICUjust until we were sure they were breathing okay on their own, but then they came to my room and Aaron and I realized we are officially parents! Aaron is amazing with them. It's so beautiful to see the natural love and care he gives. I really don't know what I'd do without him.
These brothers are very comforted by each other. I'm so happy they have each other. (Mason in the blue, William in the white).
Here are the babies at home- one week old. (William with Daddy, Mason with Mommy)
Sweet Mason with Papa...
And sweet William with Momma...
Such a brief description of such a huge thing... :(
Just so busy! :)
oh oh oh!
ReplyDeletethis takes my breath away!
I love it.
They are so handsome!
I can't imagine how hard it is to carry twins, but what a double blessing they are together!! So special!
I hope you are getting some rest and healing well!
Blessings!!!
tarena
ps...LOVE the picture of them sleeping with their heads together. adorable.
Wow Jessica!
ReplyDeleteI was so happy to see your post! They are so adorable and i can see so loved already! what lucky little boys :)
Hope Mamma is doing good too! xoxo, Maggie
Congratulations, Jess!!! They are sooo beautiful!! Good work!
ReplyDelete