plaid

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Birthday Party and a normal day

Well we had William and Mason's first birthday party.  No theme or crazy decor- just family and friends coming over for a celebration of an amazing first year.  I have to admit, I was really nervous leading up to it.  The boys have gotten a little better but they definitely don't like being out of their element or having a lot of people around.  But happily, they did great!  I hardly held either one the whole day- they went from friend to friend and although they weren't entirely the usual shower of giggles that they normally are, for the most part they were pretty content!  We told everyone they didn't need to give a gift but everyone did and we were blessed with amazing new books and toys and clothes which we are very thankful for.  The boys have great people in their lives who love them very much.  I know I already posted some on Facebook but I want these pictures here for my online journal:


I'm really beginning to notice how the boys are growing.  Not just because they are wearing size 18 month clothing or growing a mouth full of teeth, but their behavior.  Every day they seem a little more coordinated, a little stronger, a little more child and a little less baby.  I love watching them grow but I think I'll always see them as the little six pound wonders who stole my heart.  I love watching them pick up their toys and read their books.  Lately Mason has been very content to sit in one place and play while William wants to do and see everything all at once.  They are so cute.

Here are a couple shots to prove the growth  that I'm seeing- Below is William swaddled up nice and tight at  three weeks old and then at a year old.  William was being too playful to take his bottle before nap time so Aaron took him in the other room- I THOUGHT to play quietly since Mason had already fallen asleep but instead he swaddled him up like a little baby and WillBill LOVED it and went right to sleep.

And here is Mason cuddling with Dad at a month old vs. cuddling with Dad at one year old- so cute both times.  I remember standing over them in the first picture making sure Mason was breathing because I was scared of having him on his tummy.  I'm glad I decided to stop being a creepster and take a picture because I love this shot:

Now that the holidays are over and the boys' birthday has passed, we will settle back down.  The boys have enough gifts to keep them happy the rest of the year!  THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!


William and Dad reading together.  He helped Dad turn every page.  :)
The boys attacking Momma- I had to post this picture because I love MasonMan's tummy.  He is just a bit smaller than his brother but how can I worry with his healthy stomach??



No comments:

Post a Comment