plaid

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

24 hour date

Aaron and I shared our first overnight vacation together-- just the two of us.  And it was wonderful.
Saying our goodbyes in the front yard (W, M)
We stayed at a beautiful resort that we talked about going to years ago but never did.  On the way there, we stopped for lunch where I enjoyed shoving my face full of food and eating as slowly as I wished.  Then after checking in, Aaron and I slipped into swim suits and leisurely strolled around the resort.  My favorite part was playing badminton in the courtyard.  (I can't wait to play with the boys!)  We had a beautiful view from our private deck so we spent a long time sitting out there, watching a wedding unfold below us and drinking a couple bottles of wine.
I have one with better lighting, but Aaron looked like a vampire after his bottle of red wine, so I'll post this one :)
It was a great date.  We thought about the boys a lot of course and we know we would have enjoyed everything if they were there with us.  (Mason would have loved sitting outside to eat the fish tacos we had for dinner and William would have loved the seaplanes.  They both would have loved the pool).  We missed them and wished we could have shared it with them.  But this was REALLY nice too.  :)  And the boys were FINE without us.  In fact, they had a blast:
M,W crawling in bed with Auntie in the morning
W,M 
W,M
We are going to have to do this again.  :)

Love,
Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment