plaid

Friday, July 3, 2015

Her first three weeks

Don't mind me...
Since I use this blog also as a scrapbook, I have to post a million pictures of Ginny's first three weeks of life.  The pictures might not convey it well enough so let me just say:  it has been a wonderful three weeks.  Genevieve is the sweetest little girl and I am LOVING my time with her.  We mostly just sit around snuggling and it is glorious.

I am getting enough sleep I feel pretty good! Ginny is happy and healthy and a very good girl.  She is very content and doesn't cry a lot.  She was the best shopping partner yesterday while we had our first Mommy/Daughter day out and last night she even slept for six hours!  She nurses really well and although it has been a painful three weeks getting used to it, I am really enjoying breastfeeding her.  (She's a biter.  I've learned you don't need teeth to make a bite hurt.)  She runs hot like her Dad, so she likes to be in only a diaper with a fan on her.

She is wonderful.
Her first picture
Skin to skin while they stitched me up-- this was so incredible!  I am so glad we got to do this!
In recovery
About 5 hours old
At home snuggles

5 days old- since she had spent 99% of her life being held, we figured some swing time was a good idea.
She makes this face when she poops!
her first bath
Mason was on Aaron's back while he bathed her, William was running around the house throwing a fit because he wanted a bath too...
one week
snuggles with GaGa
2 weeks
3 weeks
We started cloth diapering as soon as her belly button healed!
After her bath.  She's so sweet...
Our little "Hot Sauce"
(When she gets mad, her name is "Hot Sauce")
I am so glad she is here.
She is truly a wonderful baby and the perfect addition to our family.
We are all very thankful for her.

M
W
M making his first attempts to get close to Sister
M waiting for his brother to get out of timeout
W very interested in the jet that was flying overhead 
The boys are busy spending A LOT of fun time with Dad and now they are almost officially potty trained!  They wear diapers at night, nap time and when we are out, but wear big boy underwear all day at home.  We have had a lot of accidents but even more successes and we couldn't be prouder! I love turning the corner and passing the bathroom to find a kid just sitting on the toilet, doing his business.  :)
M,W
How they sleep
W
M
William showed interest in Ginny first but Mason has really taken to her.  We have to be careful because he tries to pick her up all the time.  He gives her (really tight) hugs and big kisses and runs to her if she cries.  William pats her head and even tried to give her the cup and flange to my breast pump one time when she was hungry.  They needed some time to adjust to her being here and having my attention elsewhere, but they are doing great now.

Love,
Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment