Summer is going pretty well here. We haven't camped as much as I know Aaron would like to, but we've still had plenty of busy days in the sun. It seems a little more mellow this year but nobody is complaining.
 |
M, W
pedicure time |
Around Thanksgiving last year, we took the boys to a toy store and they discovered trains. We were surprised how much they liked them. Then they were given their train table for Christmas along with Thomas the Train characters and they have been hooked ever since. Not a single day has gone by where trains haven't been their first and last thing they play with each day. When I heard about an annual "Day out with Thomas" event that included a real Thomas train ride, I looked into it but thought it seemed a little expensive so I dismissed it. Then as it approached the only day we could go, we went on a walk at the golf course and when a train passed, the boys lit up with such a sweet and genuine enthusiasm that I knew we HAD to take them. Unfortunately by that time, they were sold out! We really lucked out when someone responded to the wanted post I made on Craigslist for four tickets. So, we got to take them and they really loved it. I didn't get a picture of them with Thomas because I was a little overwhelmed. The boys REALLY wanted to ride the train and I don't think they understood the concept of boarding the train only at a particular time. I was getting pretty stressed out but they always seem to do better in stressful situations with their Dad than they do with me, so the guys took a break together and we resumed our day... and it was really great. I'm really glad they got to meet their favorite character.
 |
| W |
 |
| M |
 |
| W |
 |
| M |
 |
M using a remote controller to drive Thomas
(Random kid is NOT WillBill, just fyi) |
 |
| W playing with some kids.-Aaron said he was very polite and shared his trains |
 |
| Hydrating after a long day |
 |
| M reading his new book on the way home |
 |
| W |
 |
| a couple of minutes later |
 |
| I tried to catch one of Ginny on the way home too but it was hard to aim. Her hair just kills me :) |
When we got home, Aaron decided he wanted to camp out with the boys so they set up the tent outside. Even Ginny played outside for awhile! :)
 |
| Mason guarding his sister |
 |
W,M
William ended up sleeping with me that night as a special treat because he didn't feel like camping.
We could hear Mason and Aaron giggling for a really long time that night. :) |
The next day, my friends came over and brought their kids. It was absolutely incredible to watch the boys play. I remember the first time we took the boys to a public park- they were a little over a year old and did not have a great time. Mason stayed to the side and looked scared while William hid under the slide, terrified. (That didn't last long, but I still remember the looks on their poor faces.) They have come such a far way since then. At the play date, they played tag with everyone, ate lunch with their friends, and had a great time.
Other random pictures of our week:
 |
Skyping with GaGa and PapPap
M next to Ginny of course, William reading on his bike |
 |
| M in black, W in red |
 |
| M on green bike, W on red bike |
 |
| W got a little too tired to pedal home, so Dad helped him |
 |
| My walking partner |
All I can say about Ginny is she is perfect and I ADORE her! I love having her with me whatever I do. At her one month checkup, she weighed just over 10 pounds and is in the 89th percentile for height. Cloth diapering is going really well and she still eats like a champ. She still gets up a couple of times a night to eat, but she only wakes if she is hungry. (So different than with the boys!) Every night at about 8:30, she turns into "Hot Sauce" for about an hour before turning in for bed. It's the only time she's really fussy for no reason but she sleeps really well afterwards! :) She smiles now and it is so pretty.
 |
| Miss Genevieve, 5 weeks |
So far, knock on wood, we have experienced no major illnesses or serious falls. I cringe every time I think that one day, broken bones and high high fevers will probably happen. Or maybe silly accidents like when my sister stuck candy up her nose when she was six and it got stuck. Yesterday, during a perfectly pleasant visit with Auntie, Mason somehow got a plastic bucket stuck on his head. Like seriously stuck. We tried yanking it off forcefully and cutting through it, but it only hurt him and made it stick worse. I was very very close to calling 911 for help because I was worried it was going to slip over his face, but I got a hold of Aaron. Laura sat with Mason and was able to keep it from slipping lower while Aaron raced home. He quickly manhandled it off and everyone relaxed and celebrated with cookies...
 |
All better!
(The welt on his forehead went away quickly) |
William supported his brother by sitting next to him through the whole ordeal. He occasionally tried to distract Mason by offering him his foot to smell, but mostly just remained quiet. He jumped up and down when Daddy saved the day. :)
William has been giving me a run for my money lately- especially at nap time. He has discovered emptying the closet in his room and playing in it- then shutting me out when I come in to put him back in bed, It's incredibly frustrating but also really funny in a way. To avoid getting in trouble, he claims to have to go to the bathroom because we told him he can get out of bed any time to pee. He will sit on the toilet and squeeze like you wouldn't believe. He's really silly...
 |
| Sleepy head WillBill |
I LOVE MY KIDS!!!
I am laughing so hard that I am crying! I am SO thankful Mason is okay, I am up way past my bedtime so perhaps it is the late night giggles, but oh my goodness is this a story to remember :)
ReplyDelete