plaid

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Updates

So, I have been a little tired lately.
Poor Ginny has not been sleeping well at night which is really strange because the first few months were pretty easy with her.  It might be the month long cold that haunted her, or the little tooth that is ripping its way through her gums....either way it is really disturbing her sleep.  The other day, after being up most of the night, Aaron complimented me on being able to get out of bed at all.  But the truth is, I know what it is like to be tired and this isn't as bad as I have experienced in the past.  No offense to the boys, but because of them, I know true exhaustion.  I don't think I slept at all for four months.  And I slept very little until they were about a year old.  So when I'm up all night with Gin, I remind myself that I've had it much worse and it helps me get through it.
I love this picture.  She is so sweet.
Besides being sick since Thanksgiving and keeping me up all night long, Ginny is doing great.  She is strong and happy.  She's not as hefty as she was her first few months, but she does have these adorable little rolls everywhere.  She is a little bit spoiled but I love it.  Aaron has had to remind me a few times to put her down.  (For instance when I am redirecting one of the boys and putting him in time out.)  Although I love having her on my hip all day long, I am trying to have my hands a little more free for the boys' sake.  But if they nap, you'd better believe I'm sitting on the couch and holding her, smelling her, kissing her, and loving on her.  I can hardly put her down, which I know one day might come back to haunt me, but I seriously just can't help it.  She belongs in my arms.  She has a sweet little voice and babbles to herself all the time.  She is a bright light in our happy home.
Mason while eating pizza
W
William chatting with me while I made dinner
Mason drawing
The boys are doing well too.  Their teacher recently emailed me with this message, "Drop off was so great today. I was very impressed with Mason and his willingness to walk into the classroom on his own. He sat down at the check in table and did exactly what he was supposed to do. Also during circle check-in I sing a song to each child "Hello Mason, Hello Mason, Hello Mason, How are you today?" and Mason answered me today with Good!!!! What a great success for your sweet boy. And oh my goodness how William has found his voice in class. He is constantly being verbal. Making sounds connecting syllables and my favorite phrase of " OH NO!" makes me giggle. I never thought the day would come, but I had to tell him SHHH! for talking so much today.  Your boys are an absolute treat to have in class. Thank you for sharing them with me."
I get very emotional when I hear things like this about them.  They are such sweet guys and we are so proud of them.  Their speech is something we are constantly worried about but after five evaluations now, the only real deficit showing is speech.  We are not exactly sure why that is yet so all we can really do is praise God that they are healthy and happy and doing well.  We have pulled them from Speech Therapy for awhile because it just didn't seem like a good fit for them anymore, but we are starting Occupational Therapy is a few weeks.  We really think that this will be a better environment for them to work on their communication skills.

W,M
Aaron has been a little sick too so we have been staying in more, which probably just kills him.  Each day he is off, we have somewhat of a family adventure and the boys wiggle with excitement when they wake up and Daddy is home.  I used to take the boys out daily for a mini adventure but after six months of life with three children, I still haven't figured out how to do it and we have found ways to entertain ourselves at home.  I think going out and playing with Dad and being a little bit more mellow at home with Mom gives them a good balance.  They get a lot of physical activity but also a chance to recoup and relax.  I love being with them all day.  Some days are harder than the others but everyday starts and ends with a hug and a kiss and I get to be a part of everything in between.  :)  And that makes me really happy.  I sometimes can't believe that I have been a stay at home mom for almost four years now, but I know without a doubt that it is the best thing for this family.
Can't even one of my kids look like me??!

So that is an update from the Maderia home as 2015 comes to a close.  We are happy and we love each other.  And we are looking forward to big things in this next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment