plaid

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Excitement

I bought a value pack at the local photography studio.  It was a family package for $125, five visits to use over three years, each session included one print and discounted additional prints.  I thought it was a good deal, but so far I have not been impressed with the experiences.  We used the first one for Ginny, and we just did our second one to mark the boys turning four.  We had to schedule a re-shoot because the boys were REALLY excited the first time and we didn't get a single shot of all of us looking at the camera.  The final picture really isn't that great overall, but I LOVE how adorable William looks with Dad and how sweet Mason is- the photo captures him perfectly.
The boys started occupational therapy and they love it.  Really love it.  It is so wonderful to take them to something they are actually excited for and to watch them laugh and enjoy themselves the whole time.  I will update about our goals through this new therapy and what we accomplish after we have some more appointments. I just wanted to note that at this point, we are very excited for the boys and the first few appointments have encouraged us even more!
Japanese buffet with Grammy.  William ate all his food with chopsticks and Mason carefully selected the food he wanted to try from the dozens of options available.
W,M
If we ever want to hear some serious talking, we need only to take the boys to the zoo or the park.  They are attempting to say so much and it is really exciting.  On the way home from school this week, I was driving on auto pilot when Mason started getting upset and kicking his feet wildly.  When I asked him what was wrong, he shouted, "ZOO!"  So even though Aaron wasn't with us, I decided to take the kiddos to the zoo!  It turned out to be closed on this particular day so we went to a park instead.  The next day, we all went to the zoo together and each day since they have begged to go back.  Our membership was an excellent gift and we are taking full advantage of it!
M
W
I think life is going to change.  Genevieve goes down for half of her afternoon nap in a pack n play now.  She doesn't love it necessarily but she's accepting that she can't spend ALL day in my arms.  And the past three nights she has taken a bottle!  We had tried so many times with no luck and just when all hope was lost, she did it.  Breastfeeding her has been such a joy.  She was a pro from the very beginning and I wasn't ever concerned with my production.  She was nice and chubby and I was able to pump a freezer full of extra milk for her.  But lately I have been wondering about the quality and more so, the quantity of my milk.  Ginny feels little, she nurses very frequently, has trouble sleeping at night, and has even been cranky Hot Sauce during the day for no particular reason.  I feel so relieved that she will accept a bottle now.  I don't plan to quit breastfeeding, but it is obviously time to supplement.  I'm okay with that. I just want to make sure she gets the nutrition she needs.
First meal feeding herself!
It just feels like exciting things are about to happen....


No comments:

Post a Comment