plaid

Sunday, February 21, 2016

They're mine

I found the following post unfinished-- I remember the day I wrote about but I don't know exactly when it was.  I know it was shortly after my baby shower and before Genevieve was born.  I thought I would post it because my feelings were much the same today.  Sweet Ginny was sick and very snuggly and the boys were WILD.  I was thinking about how I always wanted a family of my own and how God knew exactly what that would look like.  I can't imagine three children more perfectly suited for me than William, Mason, and Ginny.

This morning once we were fed and dressed, the boys and I decided to chase the sun.  We hopped in the car and I promised we'd stop and play anywhere the sun lured us.  It started to rain shortly after our drive began so we decided to stop at an indoor play gym instead.
I loved watching them play today.  I sat between them as William played with a toy horse in the dollhouse and Mason read a book in the seating area and all I could think was, "They're mine."  My thoughts were interrupted with a huge kiss and hug, courtesy of Mason and we all began a game of chase.  (We were the only ones in there).
I just love them.  I love how William ran in confidently and began to climb the big structure to get to the slide and how Mason cautiously took a seat and ate his lunch before jumping in.  I love how they then picked every single truck from the toy bins and took them under a play mountain where they played and laughed together.  (I heard a lot of "POWS!" and "CHOOCHOOS!")
I honestly don't know what I would do without them.  It is difficult to imagine what I ever DID without them, really.  I love them so much and sometimes still can't believe they're all mine.

Of course, sometimes I think I'm not far from losing control of them!  William spent his nap time kicking the door while singing a song he found quite funny.  Then Mason woke up and it was like he had a triple shot espresso or something- the kid was nuts.  And I had to tell William not to stick his foot in his brother's mouth about a million times tonight.  (How they decided this would be their new favorite thing to do is beyond me...) Bath time was a VERY messy event and they protested loudly when it was time for bed.  I got them tucked in wondering how I had survived the afternoon.  
And then they hugged me and waved me out of their room.  I shut the door and cried because of how much I love them and how much they mean to me.
I always expected to love my children and I knew it would be a powerful love.  But I wasn't expecting this.   

I don't have it all figured out but I still feel really really lucky that they're mine.

Recent pictures:

W making pudding
M reading to Gin
W memorizes the songs to his favorite movies.  He doesn't sing them, but he dances to them.
(This is, "But you never can run from nor hide what you've done from the eyes, the very eyes of Notre Dame!"  He loves this song. )  :)
Reaching for Auntie
M in front, W in blue
Normally we spend most of our time at the zoo watching sharks, but this time is was walruses.
M
The didn't want Aaron to go to work!
W playing in the dirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment