plaid

Monday, July 25, 2016

One year


It's a little bit hard to accept that it was a year ago that Aaron and my mother-in-law took the boys to their last day of preschool while I slowly got myself ready to go to the hospital. (Well, 13 1/2 months ago, but I'm obviously behind on the posting...) I had to fast for several hours before the c-section so Aaron got up with me at the crack of dawn to have a nice big breakfast. When he got back from dropping off the boys, he got me my favorite beverage from Starbucks even though I wasn't supposed to drink anything… Don't worry, I only had a couple sips but something about an iced tea was just icing on the cake for a very exciting day to come. My c-section was delayed for what seemed like a million hours but I tried to be patient. I was so ready for her. The summer was hot, I was huge, and I was very very  excited to meet my sweet baby girl.
 
I still remember how wonderful it felt when she was laid on my chest. I was so happy.  It was amazing.  This might sound cliché, but Genevieve has given me something to smile about every single day for the past year.  She is flexible, forgiving, and extremely loving. We had a few rough patches that left me utterly exhausted but overall, she has been about as perfect as anyone would hope a baby to be.  She loves to play with her brothers and dance with Dadddy. She loves to sit on my hip while I hustle around the house doing my chores with one hand. She loves corn on the cob, kissing, music, and tickling.  She has found her balance and walks/runs like she has been doing it her whole life.  Sometimes she plays shy but she loves to flirt with strangers and nobody can seem to resist her charm when she waves enthusiastically at them.
(Update:  I had some of this post prepared awhile ago, so the part where she sits on my hip and I do things one handed was at one time very very true.  Now she pretty much sits at my feet and messes with whatever she can find there or if I am truly boring her, she will go find something to mess with near the boys.  LOL. But the parts about how loving and sweet she is still remain reality.  Just think: A pretty little thang who loves to laugh, is always getting into stuff, and tries to do whatever her brothers do!)
Just a couple of hours old!
She has become quite a little cutie!  I love seeing her personality grow in these monthly photos.  :)
One hour old
I didn't take a 1 month photo of her just in her diaper :( but this was one of my favorite little outfits and she was one month here
We had her birthday party here at our house with her cousins.  We barbequed and played outside all afternoon. It was a really fun day.  I felt a sting of home sickness, knowing my WA family and best friends wouldn't have missed Gin's party for the world.  But I also saw my kids bonding with their OH family and I really can't complain about that.  Everyone was really happy and that made me feel so content.
We have a really beautiful thing going on over here.  I am so thankful for my family and for the way the last year has gone for us.  Ginny has made an already good thing BETTER!   

No comments:

Post a Comment