![]() |
| William hiding, Mason making a break for it |
Happy two year birthday to the boys who light my life with a beautiful glow and fill me with a giddy excitement. They are naughty, they are sweet, they are happy, they are so very kissable. I have smiled and cried more in the past two years than I remember ever doing before and my heart has expanded to hold more love than I would have ever thought possible. (It's literally exploding). They were once a dream in my head, then they were my tiny huckleberries swimming inside me, and now they are TWO. These past two years have been priceless and brought us boundless happiness.
We intend to take family pictures again this year but I wanted to have the boys' photos taken to mark this very important time. The first time we tried, we were impossibly late and missed the session entirely. I know being on time is something that can no longer be guaranteed with two year olds but I was so very disappointed. So I tried to go again the following week while Aaron was at work: Epic. Fail. The boys were SO not going to allow a stranger to take their pictures so I walked away a second time with no photos. But we tried again and somehow we made it on time and got a few pictures taken. I like the picture above, even though it's not exactly what I was hoping for, because it represents their attitudes well. If William feels afraid or if a stranger tries to talk to him, he freezes and hides behind his hands until Mommy or Daddy saves him. Once he's made up his mind to cry or ignore you, there is really no point in trying to persuade him otherwise. Mason decides on his own terms if he will allow a stranger to talk to him (usually not) and if he doesn't like what's going on, he will just remove himself from the situation that made him feel uncomfortable. In this image, he decided to make a run for Mommy who was conveniently standing in front of the exit.
William
Rests his head on your shoulder. Runs so fast. Laughs with his tongue out. Claps for himself when he puts together a puzzle properly. Helps me put away toys. Grunts when he wants something. Slaps his tummy like a gorilla when he's happy. Loves to be kissed under his chin. Really craves physical attention. Will fake cry just to get a hug.
Mason
Holds your hand. (Will even interlock fingers). Signs for 'more' constantly. Is VERY particular about where certain books/toys are kept. Asks to turn on the TV by pointing to it and signing for more and if I don't do it, he'll just turn it on himself. Removes his diaper during naps and overnight. Loves to eat and requires constant snacks. Really enjoys to play chase. Is a tough guy with a soft,sensitive heart. Wraps his arms around your neck tighter than a Boa squeezes.
They are TWO. How did this happen? What will the next two years bring? I can't believe how good it's been.
Happy second birthday, my sweet sweet babies.
Happy second birthday, my sweet sweet babies.
Love,
Jessica



No comments:
Post a Comment