plaid

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Snow Beasts

I love William's red face- he looks so happy.  And I love that Mason is waving his hand while wearing Grandpa's glove.  Oh and yes, we let them have binkies while outside but just this once!
Aaron has been talking about sledding and playing in the snow for a long time now and I thought he was nuts.  I thought for sure I would hate it and more importantly I was certain the boys would be too cold to enjoy it.
I was wrong.
King William
Master Mason
They loved it. We bundled our snow beasts up and let them loose and it was so much fun for all of us.  Poor Aaron ran the three of us up and down the mountain side on the sled but we had a blast.  Mason laughed heartily but only if I rode on the sled with him and William acted like he was born to play in the snow.  When Mason was done riding, Aaron carried him but William laid on his back on the sled and laughed while I dragged him back to the car.

The boys didn't really approve of Aaron going back to work the next day.  Whenever they are particularly upset about missing their Dad, they always do this:
It was cute and funny at first...but the I had to clean it up...And I could see them getting frustrated when I asked them to stop.  Mason really challenged me but he finally stopped dumping his toys everywhere and collapsed in my arms in tears after several minutes of me stopping him.
William, Mason   I think the boys with their backpacks is the cutest thing.
W, M  These clothes lasted about 25 seconds
W boasting in victory when I let him wear his favorite outfit
M eating second dinner with Dad
Love,
Jessica
Aaron taught the boys to be the splashiest messiest kids to ever take a bath.  It is so funny to me that the only way I could get them to sit still was when I sang them their song.  You should have seen them go from crazy swimming dolphins to sleepy little boys who sang  a song with me...
they melt me.
M, W

No comments:

Post a Comment