 |
| M waking up and immediately grabbing his backpack to fill with random stuff |
 |
| W- footless jammies that can be zipped up backwards are lifesavers |
 |
| M snacking, always snacking |
 |
| W helping me cook |
I know that there will probably be worse to come. I cringe at the mere thought.
This weekend, both of my sons experienced physical pain and what I can only imagine was genuine terror. (I'm being a little dramatic but seriously, it was traumatizing for me too). They are both totally fine but I'm still cringing. We were enjoying a nice family day of yard sale shopping and lunch downtown when we decided to play at the park. We may have been over doing it a tad since the boys skipped their nap, but they were still having a great time so we went with it. After a lot of playground laughter, William climbed up a mountain of metal steps and slipped at the top, hitting his face on every step on the way down. His poor lip became blue and big almost instantly. :( I decided it was time to leave but William was already recovering and Mason really wanted to play on the swing set more. I didn't exactly have the best attitude because I wanted to go home and I PRAY that this had nothing to do with what happened next...I still feel guilty because I really wonder if I could have prevented it. Mason charged the swings and narrowly missed being kicked by a teenager swinging but on her way back down, he wasn't so lucky. He took a serious kick to the back of the head and performed a perfect no handed somersault to the ground. Aaron was able to grab the girl mid air and hold onto her while I grabbed Mason (poor girl, it totally wasn't her fault). We were worried because it looked painful but honestly, he seemed fine. I think it scared him more than hurt him, even though that hardly seems possible.
I'm terrified at what else could happen. They are already showing signs of being typical 'boys' and I hear stories about Aaron's childhood that make me certain that I am in for a life of dirt and disaster. :) Aaron insisted that I let the boys be boys this weekend so this meant playing in dirt, meals on the floor, all the windows rolled down in the car, and no shoes. Each night the bath tub was full of sand and who knows what. Ah, sigh...
Here are pictures of a visit to my dad's- the boys love going to Grandma and Grandpa's house:
 |
| M in front |
 |
| Sometimes Mason just really needs a hug |
 |
| William |
 |
| M |
 |
| W |
 |
| M chewing on a big hunk of meat |
 |
| W was being very silly on this day |
And we finished the weekend with a barbecue at my my sister's house:
 |
| W driving |
 |
| M raking up grass with his hands |
Love,
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment