plaid

Saturday, August 30, 2014

William

Dearest William Justin, WillBill, Pinecone,
What a true true joy you are.  You fill my heart with complete peace and give me 100% assurance that being your Mommy was exactly what I was born to do.  There is something so incredibly special to be said about how good you make me feel.
You were a sweet baby in my tummy.  You got the hiccups a lot and I blamed my need to pee every ten minutes on you but you were usually pretty mellow.  I used to pet my belly in wonder and I was so excited to hold you.  When you were born, your Daddy brought you to my face and told me to touch my son- I did so but with my index finger and only very lightly.  Your dad had to bring my hand back and told me it was okay to touch you-- I was instantly terrified of hurting my beautiful, sweet, innocent baby boy.  I remember later laying in the hospital bed while Dad and brother slept and rubbing my nose against your nose, our special first kiss.
I remember that you were very challenging to breastfeed because you were very VERY impatient when it was your brother's turn to eat.  But when you were fed, you were very serene and peaceful.  You'd often stare into space and smile.  (You still kind of do this.  A few days ago, I was laying on the floor in your bedroom while you an your bro napped and you were laughing in your sleep).
You are so sweet, William.  I love everything about you from the way you stomp around the house playfully, to the way you rub your own arm when you cry, to the way you show love through big hugs and kisses.  I am so very thankful for you, son.

I love you, my precious baby boy.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment