plaid

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mason

Dearest Mason James, MasonMan, Porcupine,
To me, you are perfect.  You somehow manage to make me fall more in love with you every single day.  You make me smile until my face hurts and cry with love for you.
When you were first born, I swear you didn't like me though.  When I would pick you up in the middle of the night to feed or change you, you would tighten your little body straight as a board and cry.  Sometimes I felt so hopeless that I'd pass you over to your dad and you'd relax immediately.  Then when I had a doctor's appointment and I asked your Grammy to watch you in the waiting room, she explained that she didn't think she should because of how upset you would become when I wasn't near.  Somewhere along the line, you decided you trusted me and now it is an unbreakable bond.  You have always been picky and cautious about who you trust, but when you decide a person is okay, you love them and you love them good. :)
As soon as we got home from that appointment, I had my mom take a picture of us because I was so excited that you finally liked me! ;)
You've gone through quiet phases, playful phases, stubborn phases and HUNGRY phases but no matter what, you have been absolutely adorably wonderful.  You're exceptional.
Mason, you mean the world to me.  I am so proud of you and I know you will do great things in your life, I just know it.

I love you, my sweet baby boy.
Love,
Mommy

**The previous entry was posted minutes before this one, so feel free to view the post before this to read William's letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment